Pages


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Where's my Book?

Don't get me wrong, I love a deal. I have often ordered and happily received a book from Amazon that's in good, even great condition. Granted it does take a whole lot longer to hold the book in my hands than downloading it on my Kindle, or running down to my local book store. Buying a book on Amazon is usually a whole lot cheaper, and because I procrastinate, my book club buddy has surely run down to the local library to get the only copy on hand of the next book we are reading.


So I was feeling great that I got our new book club selection for $2.00 (plus shipping, of course). I was also feeling kindly in that I pick a vendor that was new and felt good helping someone out towards making their first book sale. But I'm still waiting for my book :/ Amazon had to contact me to tell me - Hey, where's your book? Do you think you might want to e-mail the seller and ask them? Well, not really- I just want to order my book on my phone while I'm waiting in the truck for my husband to pick up some more paint for the house, and several or more days later open my mail box and get all happy that I have a new book to read!


Well, I did e-mail the seller and no response to date. Yes, I'll get my money back and be a little more careful about picking a seller, even if I have to pay a few bucks more. Our book club meets on April 21st, so I'm pretty sure I'm adding a new selection to my Kindle very soon.


By the way, the book club selection is "The Inheritance of Loss" by Kiran Desai. Here's a  2006 New York Times review of the book by Pankaj Mishra http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/12/books/review/12mishra.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

No comments:

Post a Comment