Pages


Monday, May 10, 2010

Backache and Brida

Brida: A Novel (P.S.)Wow! I strained my back a few days ago and my life is out of sync. Everything has suffered, my body, my garden, my social life and this blog! Just sitting here is starting to get painful, so I'll make it short. I finished reading Brida by Paulo Coelho. Along the way to becoming a witch Brida learns about herself and the importance that love has in fulfilling her destiny.  "finding one's Soul Mate was, after all, a divine mission in every one's life. Even if, one day, you were forced to part, love for your Soul Mate-according to both traditions-would always be crowned with glory, understanding, and a kind of purifying nostalgia." Those words and many others throughout  the book touch me as truths, and make what is supposed to be fiction very real. I'm planning to read The Witch of Portobello soon, also written by Coelho. The Brown Eyed Girl's Book Club will be meeting at the end of this month, and I have yet to start the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - I must get started soon. I  know it's a popular read but I haven't felt too excited about reading it, I best just jump in and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment