Pages


Saturday, May 15, 2010

God's Mountain - Read it

God's Mountain
Babysitting this weekend, won't have time for much. Started The Girl with Dragon Tattoo last night. A Brown Eyed member text me yesterday that she finished the book. It's not like me to wait until the last minute to read the book club selection, but I have been running into books, that after I start a few pages I keep reading until I'm done.

 I read  God's Mountain  by Erri De Luca over the last few days, but I would have like to have read it in one sitting if I had the time. I checked Amazon to see if it's available in Italian and would have liked to buy it for my friend who has learned to speak Italian over the past few years, but the Italian copies I found must be first editions because they were way too expensive for me. Translated I found it so well written, I feel certain it becomes even more eloquent read in it's original Italian. A coming of age tale I would highly recommend to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment