Pages


Monday, May 17, 2010

Gardening book over load!


                                 
You Grow Girl: The Groundbreaking Guide to GardeningGrow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces
 
                                  
Today I received two books by Gayla Trail - You Grow Girl and Grow Great Grub in the mail (a belated Mother's Day gift) . I barely started to look through them when my "Tia" (she is actually my husband's Aunt) came by to give me a two volume set of Success with House Plants. She got it at a yard sale for two dollars! It's so cool,  I learned on http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/book/msg0310340925932.html that what she bought was probable published from 1985-1993. By monthly subscription, cards /pages were issued to be placed in the binders. They are printed with pictures and description of plants and their care. We found that some cards are missing, but the person who owned the binders must have been pretty diligent about collecting their plant cards.  We could have sat for hours browsing through the cards, but we headed out doors so that I could show her the latest additions to my vegetable garden. In one day I collected quite a bit of info to help me in my quest to be a successful gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment