Pages


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Day at LATFOB

I always enjoy myself at the festival . Many people get tickets in advance to see certain authors of interest but unless I really have to see someone, I and my brown eyed buddy check out as many booths as possible, peruse any books that catch our eye, and run into to authors, celebrity/authors, and activities at random.

We went on Saturday, and happened upon Jeff Garlin signing his book, My Footprints:Carrying the weight of the World, the Life of Pi Author Yann Martel signing his new book Beatrice & Virgil and Top Chef's Betty, C.J., and Stefan (you know who they are if your a fan of Top Chef on Bravo, like I am) in a quick fire challenge. We strolled through the Children's area, and saw Carl Reiner reading from his book, Tell Me a Silly Story , saw several Wayan Brothers, and Henry Winkler. We sat down to hear two author's speak and only because we happened upon them - Jeffrey Ross talking about his book, I only Roast the One's I love and Louis Gossett Jr. being interviewed by Pat Morrison and her Hat (I'm not kidding but the woman always has a hat on!) about his book, An Actor and a Gentleman. I know it's a take off on his movie An Officer and a Gentleman, but the title fits him to a T. Jeffrey Ross had everyone cracking up. I always feel funny laughing at people making fun of other's, but he is just too good at it!

We left the festival a little tired, but satisfied and ready to read!

                                             












No comments:

Post a Comment