Pages


Friday, April 23, 2010

Growing Inspiration

I've search for a book to to read that will compliment my garden activities this week, and I think I found it. From the Ground Up: The Story of a First Garden by Amy Stewart. Though I have a small area of my garden devoted to several types of vegetables, I've prepared a much larger plot and this Sunday I plan to start planting. I know I'll need a break ( probable a few) and that's when I'll start the book.    
From the Ground Up: The Story of a First Garden

I stopped by the Growing Experience in Long Beach yesterday for a little inspiration.  In celebration of Earth Day, I and everyone else who dropped by were offered delicious appetizers made from the garden produce. There were activities for the kids, and information about the garden and gardening in general. I did speak with Adriana who's blog, Anarchy in the Garden I will continue to follow. I received some bean and marigold seeds from her table, and will incorporate them into my garden along with the suggested corn.


I took a shot of some of their growing greens - and look forward to seeing my own in the near future.










No comments:

Post a Comment