Pages


Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Earth Day



My plans are to head over to an Earth Day celebration at the Growing Experience in Long Beach this afternoon. I got the heads up about it from Adriana at Anarchy in the Garden http://www.anarchyinthegarden.com/. I have been gardening for a while now, but only recently branched out into the world of vegetable gardening. Last year I grew tomatoes,some huge squash ( a little too huge), a few carrots, and a nice variety of herbs and raspberries. So far this year it looks like I have a nice bunch of carrots coming up, a smaller variety of zucchini, cucumbers, and  tomatoes. I have prepared an additonal plot of ground that would have been lawn, but now will hopeful produce something more useful. I'm hoping to get some good advice from the master gardeners that will be at the Earth Day event today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to having my own garden - seems so nice to be able to eat what you've grown yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice feeling to eat what you have grown, and it taste better too!

    ReplyDelete