Pages


Friday, April 16, 2010

To Kindle or Not to Kindle

I received a Kindle for Christmas. As I still have in my possession more than several books I have yet to read, I have been going back and forth between the device and the books. I do love the ease in purchasing what I want to read  the moment I want to, but it does take some getting use to, or least it did for me. I received it without a cover, so reading from a flat piece of metal, though sleek and light was kind of weird. I now have a cover which makes it easier to handle and I no longer fear it will be scratched. It is great to accumulate a library of books on  a device weighing only 10.2 ounces, but I still feel good holding a book, turning the pages, and admiring the cover illustrations that sometimes are the reason I'm drawn to a book in the first place.
I do like my Kindle (Thanks Mom) and will continue to use it, and on occation buy a book, if not only to have a place to put one of my many bookmarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment