Pages


Saturday, April 10, 2010

LA Times Book Fair


Pan Dulce coin purse from Xochico

My only purchase at the LA Times Book Fair last year was this coin purse. I bought three, gave one to my
Mom and the other two went to my Aunts. They loved them.  

Seeing Culture Clash was a highlight, especially for my Book Club Brown Eye who accompanied me. She stood in line to get sign copies of several of their CD's. We sat in to hear several authors speak, including Marlee Matlin. She is smart, frank and funny. The thing is I didn't buy one book! We browsed for hours, found a number of books that I knew I would buy in the future. What I came away with -  besides the conchas - was real pleasure from being in the mist of so many authors, and thousands of people that share my love of reading.
 We will be going to this year's Fair on Saturday April 24th. www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment